Friday, June 5, 2009

Anchor series on movie icons on Fox Entertainment

Bollywood writer and director Anurag Kashyap will step in front of the camera as an anchor for ''True Stories'' series that will explore real life inspirations behind popular movie icons including James Bond, Al Capone and Indiana Jones.

The Fox History and Entertainment production will combine trivia and information on the stories behind the stories of the characters that have delighted movie goers over the ages.

''It was nice being in the hot-seat on the other side for a change. This is my first time as a television anchor and I am as excited to see the final product as I was when shooting for it.

While the series explores the true stories behind these popular screen icons, I give my perspective on the movies that made them big,'' said Mr Kashyap at the launch of the series here today.

''Adding my bit to the research on the script was easy since all I had to was talk about my favourite directors - Brian De Palma, Clint Eastwood. I was mesmerised by the true stories that these greats based their movies on,'' he said.

The series will be aired on Fox History and Entertainment at 2200 hrs from June 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails